Sunday, 17 March 2013

Casting


As we have hit a brick wall in locating actors for the remaining characters, I have emailed Vanessa to ask her if it was possible for her so send us the details for the acting school so we could contact them or if she could ask them for us. I have also researched local acting and casting companies in which I have emailed them the synopsis or our production and the characters we need. As many of the companies demand payments the following two were the ones I found which were free.

I also did another cast call ad on Casting Now.

The Young Actors Company

This company specialises in teaching and training children and young adults, it is situated in Cambridge however has an alternative branch based in Birmingham, they specialise in stage, screen and radio productions.

I know this does not entirely fit our criteria as we are not necessarily looking for young adults however in the email I mentioned this and also asked for an alternative in if they do not have anyone available or suitable for us, could they advise us in another possible direction which enables us to find applicants.


 


Sharon Foster Management

I came across Sharon Foster online; she created her own business based in Birmingham in which she works as an agent to various professional actors. I have emailed her all our details and criteria of who we are looking for, so now we are just waiting on a reply.

On her website she has pages of available actors and actresses, looking throughout them I saw quite a few which meet our criteria.
 



 

 

Casting Now
 



As we were unsuccessful in finding actors which met our criteria on Star Now and Gumtree I have posted another Ad for a cast call on a different website called Casting Now. I posted the same details which are on Star Now and Gum Tree instead of altering the information down to the characters we are looking for as it allows us more of a possibility of finding more applicants.

No comments:

Post a Comment