(insert
title)
Written By
Adele Morris-Robinson
Produced by
Latoya Wilson
Directed by
Adele Morris-Robinson & Katie Allen
1 EXT. Glenwood Gardens- Night- 22.00
Detective Graham and Inspector Hanson pull up
to a house in Glenwood Gardens.
Both approach the door silently. Inspector
Hanson puts on his hat. DC Graham fixes his jacket. They ring the doorbell. The
door opens and they enter.
The camera slowly pulls away everything
starts to blur. Silence, then a scream. Fade to black.
PRESENTER INTRODUCTION
Losing any family member is hard, but when
you lose a child it could seem like the whole world has just crashed around
you.
(Could insert possible stills and clips of
funeral processions e.g my murder at the end where we saw real pictures of the
victims funeral).
Gang violence is responsible for almost (enter
statistic) deaths a year and as a mother of … I can’t even begin to imagine
what my life would be like if I ever lost a child in such a violent way.
I am Davida Wilkins and I want to look deeper
into gang violence and the effects that it has on families. What course of
action if any is put in place to ensure the safety of gang member’s families
and the people that are there to try and get gangs off the street.
I will begin my journey with PC Brown from
West Midlands Police Department.
Insert
interview
Micheal
Brown- Police officer
2 INT. Glenwood Gardens- Day-
08.30
Alicia lay down in the bed looking very tired
and depressed staring at something, her mom enters the room with a cup of tea
and a slice of toast.
CAROLINE
Here's some
tea and toast you need to eat something and start getting ready the car will be
here in an hour.
Alicia doesn't respond and continues to stare
at the clock. Caroline leaves the room. Alicia continues to stare and then
glances over at the clock it is now 08:45 she gets up and heads towards the
bathroom. Meanwhile downstairs Caroline is talking to Selvin, Alicia's dad.
CAROLINE
If you saw
her, she didn't even blink she was just staring at the photo of Anton and AJ.
SELVIN
She will be
fine we got to stay strong for her, you know it vexes me to see my daughter
like this we told her many times about the company Anton was in and she didn't
want to hear it; Stubborn just like her mom.
CAROLINE
Ay cheeky,
the car will be here in like 15 minutes let me go see if she has even made an
attempt to get ready.
Caroline heads upstairs and enters Alicia's
room. Her face drops.
CAROLINE
SELVIN!
SELVIN!
Selvin runs up the stairs and enters Alicia's
room. His face drops.
Alicia is sitting in her mirror looking
spaced out applying eyeliner not only to her eyes but drawing all over her
face. Fades to black.
Presenter
(Talks directly to camera)
After talking to PC Brown when he said the
bit about funerals, it had me thinking is that it, are you supposed to get on
with life is there no support for these people that have perhaps lost a child a
partner you know.
I have decided to visit to a bereavement
centre. It would be very interesting to know how they actually deal with
clients who have experienced loss.
Insert
Interview
3 INT. Bleechums community centre
- Day- 15:00
2 months later.
SHADEA
SIMMONS
Thank you for
today ladies see you next week. Alicia could I have a quick word.
Alicia walks over to Shadea. Caroline enters
the room.
SHADEA
SIMMONS
Alicia I’m
very worried about you, it’s been over a month and you haven't even said a
word. I’m here to help you not to judge.
Alicia stares and Shadea with a blank
expression.
SHADEA
SIMMONS
Go on your
mum is waiting for you at the back.
Alicia walks away and towards her mom.
CAROLINE
Here are the
keys I'm just going to have a quick word with the lady.
Alicia takes the car keys and heads towards
the car. Caroline walks over to Shadea.
CAROLINE
Excuse me, hi
there, my name is Caroline Fuller I'm Alicia's mom.
SHADEA
SIMMONS
Hi I’m Shadea
I’m glad you came over to talk to me because I’m worried about Alicia.
CAROLINE
You and me
both, I just don't know what to do she doesn't talk, she barely even eats it’s
like she doesn't want to move on.
SHADEA
SIMMONS
I don’t think
the problem is she doesn’t want to I think it’s she doesn’t know how to. Now
during these sessions Alicia doesn’t even speak and doesn’t interact with the
other ladies and if this continues she is not going to do herself any favours.
CAROLINE
I’m all out
of ideas I’m scared it’s going to get to the point where she might take her own
life.
SHADEA SIMMONS
Ok well it’s
not going to come to that, what Alicia has been through is not easy for anyone
let alone a 23 year old she is young, give me your number leave it me I'm not
going to give up.
CAROLINE
Thank you,
thank you so much
SHADEA
SIMMONS
This is what I’m
here to do and you shouldn’t give up either.
Fades to black.
Presenter
I’ve always believed that people who are in
gangs are selfish and care about no one but themselves. I’m on my way to visit
Dion who was involved in a gang but has now made his way out and given his life
to Christ.
INSERT
INTERVIEW
Dion (former
gang member?)
(Possibly insert some stills of Dion
preaching at church or acting in his plays)
Presenter could ask the question (is it right
to say that having someone to guide you in the right direction is important)…
which will lead into:
Taking away what Dion had said about having
support I’m meeting with Jo Jackson who works with gangs.
INSERT
INTERVIEW
JO JACKSON
(works with gangs)
Jo has invited me to a guns and gangs
conference.
(Talks directly to camera)
I don’t know exactly what’s going to be said
but it does sound interesting and it could be very insightful.
(Footage of Davida sitting in the conference,
possible go and ask other people questions).
Yes the conference was very good very, very
good, learnt a lot.
Various shots of Shadea and Caroline working
and trying to help Alicia
4 INT. Bleechum community
centre-Day-15:00
SHADEA
SIMMONS
Before we
conclude today’s session does anyone have anything they want to say.
ALICIA
Can I speak please?
The whole class turns around and looks at
Alicia. Shadea smile
SHADEA
Of course you
can
Alicia walks up to the podium. Caroline walks
in.
ALICIA
Hi everyone,
my name is Alicia Fuller and I am 23 years old. 6 months ago my boyfriend Anton
Miller and my 2 year old son AJ were murdered. Anton was part of a gang you may
off heard of them the BC Crew, it wasn’t my plan to bring home any member of
any crew home to my parents and say hey this is my boyfriend, but that’s what
happened and I don’t regret it. Regardless of the things he had done I loved
him so much, I guess the saying is true you live by the gun you die by the gun.
It’s just a shame that my son had to go the same way. For 6 months I have been
trying to work out in my head why such a thing would happen to me and what I
did to deserve it. I came to the conclusion God wouldn’t give me anything, I
couldn’t handle and that’s what I am doing now, handling it. One thing these
gang bangers don't realise is the effects their actions have on their loved ones and innocent
people sometimes do get caught in the cross fire. But I believe in the power of God and I'm going to
do everything in my power to try and help the young people and I hope that in
the future I hope that I will have more kids, a boy especially so that he may
grow up and make a difference in these young men’s life. I want to thank my mom
and Shadea for never giving up on me and I won't let them down. Thank you.
A thunder of applauses commences. Caroline
smiles and wipes away tears. Shadea smiles and Alicia smiles, fade to black.
Black screen saying (the events shown in this drama are real but have been dramatized purely for entertainment purposes).
Fade to Black
Presenter
When I first
started out this journey I was keen to find out the effects gun and knife crime
has on families. But instead I ended up coming away with a lot more. I met
people that have really helped me understand more about gang culture and that
it is something that may never go away. People join gangs for many reasons,
three being money, respect and a sense of belonging to a family. But as I have
shown today, gang violence destroys lives and tears families apart.
End Credits
No comments:
Post a Comment